Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I wish for a better year





All too soon another 17th November has caught up with me. It means just one thing, time and tide surely aint waiting for me. In times such as these, I look back into the year that just flew away and ask myself what I could have done better? I am not a strong believer of New Year’s resolutions and all, but I surely would want love to do a few things better in the coming year!!

A better friend
In the past 14,191,200 minutes I haven’t been the best friend. I have more than 700 friends on Facebook (of course this is nothing compared to the 3,000 friends Ato has!!), yet I feel like I know so little about them. I hope to get closer to each and everyone, home or away. So the next time you see me throw a chat at you to say hi, just know it is in fulfillment of this promise.

A better blogger
I have always wanted to post regularly; at least once a week would have been fine. I have always dreamt of being the Ghanaian blogger on the first spot on the Afrigator list. For some reasons, these wishes haven’t materialized. In the coming years I look forward to fulfilling those dreams. Might even come up with a tagoeblogger.com instead of the usual tagoeblogger.blogspot.com blog up here. I also hope to start a technology blog to discuss tech issues and their benefits to sub-Saharan Africans like us. Who knows, I might turn out to be the Eric Scornfield of Ghana. Keep your fingers crossed.

A better Poet
My poetry skills have undergone some rusting in the past year, I must confess. I haven’t been regular at my favorite OpenAirTheatre programme on Radio Universe. Neither have I been functional at the Talk party poetry shows at Nubuke. I created a poetry blog with Gameli of Gamelian World to write nothing but poetry, things haven’t been as smooth as we expected. My poems are scattered all over the place. Some are in books; others are on my PC and a lot more on scrap sheets. I think I need to put them all together, and share them with the world. Poetry has a miraculous way of healing wounds that medicine can do nothing about.

A better Entrepreneur
I was fortunate to be a manager at a very young age. I started and sold a small business even while I was a student on campus. I loved that job. Not because of the returns, but because of it was the first time I had created employment for more than four people, the smiles on their faces every morning was my satisfaction. And I am pretty sure they in turn put giggles on other faces too. Too bad it had to end someway somehow. I have a couple of companies in mind; I think I might start one or two in the coming years. Today at MEST, I start a very long journey that may help me put smiles on more faces; I hope I take the right steps towards this feat.

A better Ghanaian
I feel I haven’t done much for Ghana. I guess it all started when I decided not to waste my time in long winding queues to cast my vote in Presidential elections. I saw it to be a long useless process because in the end, the result was not going to be anything different from what we had experienced all these years. Now I feel I was wrong, even though I am tempted everyday to believe otherwise. I intend to give more to Ghana (as if I have received so much). Many unfortunate people do not have what, I have, this knowledge I intend to share with all those who will stretch out their arms. PathGhana will be come out stronger and more powerful.

10 comments:

Mike said...

I wish the same for you too. Happy Birthday, Happy New Year!

gamelmag said...

Happy birthday, Ed. You know what they say about the little boy that says I'll try. Just keep on doing what you do and one day the stubborn sturdy walls of challenges will crumble.

MIghTy African said...

Hehe, Edward, thanks for the shoutout. If you want to be a better friend, that means I have a long way to go.

Anyway, you've done good. Especially the entrepreneur part. Heck, I even have to talk to you some more and chronicle your journey since Presec.

I love your wishes and I believe they will come true.

Happy birthday!

Edward of PathGhana said...

@ Mike | Thanks a lot Mike, I really appreciate that!

@ Gameli | Thanks for your words of encouragement. Really helpful

@ Ato |hheheh, Thanks Ato. Looks like I have a long way to go, before I hit your mark. 3000 friends???? No way!!! lol

LB said...

I wish I felt as passionate as you do about being better for my country. In essence we should all think this way. The big picture is that you may never have 3000 friends like Alto but always know that you have one in Conway, Arkansa USA that can be found on www.latonyabynum.com. I challenge you to dream big and get those poems together a write a book and sell it to us. We love consuming in America! Best wishes with all your dreams!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Oluniyi David Ajao said...

It turns out we have more in common than I thought. Best wishes with your future plans. Just remember, "procastisnation is a thief of time".

Anonymous said...

A little off topic, Guys... I have a question. Last week I had fun with this site:
[url=http://www.rivalspot.com]Rivalspot.com - Xbox Live Tournaments[/url]
They say you can play online Football game tournaments on any console for cash... had anyone tried that before? Looks like a cool idea...
Are there any other sites where you can play sports games for real moneys? I Googled and found only Bringit.com and Worldgaming.com but it looks these guys don't specialize in sport gamez. Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

A little off topic, Guys... I have a question. Two days ago I had fun with this site:
[url=http://www.rivalspot.com]Rivalspot.com - Ps3 Live Tournaments[/url]
They say you can play online NHL game tournaments on any console for cash... had anyone tried that before? Looks like a cool idea...
Are there any other sites where you can play sports games for real moneys? I Googled and found only Bringit.com and Worldgaming.com but it looks these guys don't specialize in sport gamez. Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.