This half of the year in particular, Ghana has been faced with a list of challenges as far as its education is concerned;
- University and Polytechnic lecturers were compelled to go on strike (after so many formal attempts) as a way of pushing for better conditions of service.
- Parents of first year senior high students were asked to pay extra for accommodation because there weren't enough furniture for boarding and lodging purposes. The unfortunate ones now have to travel miles from home to school.
- The one laptop per child initiative had to be called off because of lack of electricity in certain areas.
- There still is a good number of schools in Ghana that teach pupils under trees.
- Students loans are yet to be disbursed by the students' loan trust.
With these problems staring at us in the face, we still spend money on other areas that will help the country in no way. As a country we have a duty to provide the best education to our future leaders if we do see education as a priority.